Community Choices: Apply for community grants now
Community Choices is Falkirk Council’s participatory budgeting initiative that puts control over how public money is spent into community hands.
Worth over £3.5m, the fund is delivered alongside Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership to invest in local community projects created by local groups and voted for by local residents.
Applications are now open until midnight on 1 December 2023 for:
- Small grants (up to £5,000): great for small-scale projects that will make a real difference to the lives of people living in each ward.
- Place-based capital grants (over £5,000): perfect for big projects that need a capital investment to build something new, improve an asset or purchase equipment.
Groups who can apply include:
- Constituted groups or clubs
- Registered charities
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations (SCIO’s)
- Not for profit companies
- Community Interest companies (CIC’s) with no private benefit.
- Community Councils
- Community Trusts
Community information sessions
A series of community information sessions will take place across the Council area from 23 October to 9 November.
The in-person and online sessions will provide groups with all the information they need to know about applying for a Small Grant or Place-based Capital Grant, with the Council’s Community Choices team on hand to answer any questions people may have.
Information on dates, times, locations and to register for an online session can be found on the Falkirk Council website.
Visit the Falkirk Council Community Choices webpage for full information about eligibility, key dates, voting, contacts, and how to apply.
Applications are open until midnight on Friday 1st December 2023.