There are many ways to stay informed about our services using social media. You can follow, subscribe, or like us on the following social media websites:
Social media policy
- Availability: We will update and monitor our social media accounts during office hours, Monday to Friday. Posts published during the weekend may be scheduled in advance.
- Replies and messages: We welcome feedback from all our followers, and do our best to join the conversation where possible. However, we are not always able to reply individually to all the messages we receive on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. For enquiries and requests it’s better to contact us using our web form.
- Following: If you follow us on Twitter we may follow you back. Being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- Online discussion: We want our online channels to be a space where everyone feels comfortable and can join in. You can help foster this kind of positive space by following our online discussion rules, which we use to moderate our social media channels.
Online advertising policy
- We may use advertising platforms on Facebook, Twitter, and Google to serve you adverts.
- We will only do this when we think ads may be relevant to your interests.
- We will never collect personal data that identifies you through these platforms.
- Remember, each platform will have their own advertising rules and settings. You can control how your data is used, and opt out of personalised ads, via Facebook Ad Preferences, Twitter Privacy Settings, and Google Ads Settings.
Our online discussion rules
The following rules apply to all Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership social media accounts and any other digital engagement tools we use. In addition to our guidelines, remember that all social media platforms and websites have their own terms of service too.
We want our online channels to be a space where everyone feels comfortable and can join in. We want to enable a friendly, open, and lively environment that encourages you to engage with your local health and social care services.
We always welcome comments and feedback, but it is important to remain respectful to other commenters. You can help us foster this kind of positive space by following the rules. Remember, all our social media platforms are open to the public – which means your comments are public too. They can be seen by anyone, so think before you post.
When engaging with the Partnership and other people, please:
- keep your contributions relevant to the discussion topic.
- be kind – if you have criticism to share, think how you would say it in person, and how to correctly convey your tone (how the comment sounds and how it might come across). It is possible to have a robust disagreement and still be respectful.
Please do not:
- make contributions that are unlawful, inflammatory, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexual, or racist.
- make contributions that are offensive to others with regards to religion or belief, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, nationality or other personal (protected) characteristics.
- make contributions containing false news designed to spread misinformation or manipulated images/videos designed to mislead.
- spam or resubmit the same, or similar, contributions.
- make defamatory contributions (untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).
- condone illegal activity or incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of hatred.
- make contributions containing personal information that could identify people without their permission (last names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, usernames, etc).
- impersonate other people or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- advertise or promote products or services.
How we moderate comment
We actively moderate our channels. We reserve the right to act where we consider contributions to be in breach of these rules. Actions can include:
- Hiding your comment.
- Deleting your comment.
- Reporting your comment to a platform for breaking its community standards.
- Banning commenters from our channel on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Reporting your comment to law enforcement bodies.
We appreciate that the use of language, and how it is perceived by others, is subjective. However, to safeguard a friendly and open environment, and promote a culture of mutual respect, we take a hard line on offensive content that includes hate speech.