The Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership brings together a broad range of health, social care, and support services for people in Falkirk. Our service information will continue to be updated as the Partnership develops.
- Help for carers – If you want to find out more about the support that may be available you can contact Falkirk Council website, your local social work office or Falkirk Carers Centre.
- CVS Falkirk & District is the third sector interface for the Falkirk area. To find out more about what they do, please click on the appropriate links: Volunteering, Social Enterprise, Organisation Support and Voice of the Sector.
- Healthy living – The healthy living advice on the NHS Inform website will help you to look after your mental and physical wellbeing.
- Search for local services – To search for a number of local services in the NHS Forth Valley area, please visit the NHS Forth Valley website.
- Self-help guides – There are a number of self-help guides on the NHS Inform website for you to use.
Living Well Falkirk
Find out how you can live independently at home with Living Well Falkirk, an online tool for people who live in the Falkirk area and are having difficulties with everyday activities.
You can also use it on behalf of someone you live with or help care for. If you need assistance using the tool, staff at your local library will be happy to help.
Living Well Falkirk offers:
- 24 hour access to hints and tips on how to stay well and live independently
- information about local and national services
- helpful advice by completing a personal assessment on your health
- suggestions on areas such as staying safe at home, preventing falls, help with bathing, eating etc.
- options to purchase, or request the loan of, equipment matched to your needs
- contact information for further support
You can complete a self assessment at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. It is a simple but thorough assessment and can take a bit of time. You can save it at any stage and return to it when it suits you.
Services for people with a sensory impairment
The Social Work Sensory Team is experiencing issues due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Sensory Centre is closed and the team will maintain a restricted service for you. They can be contacted everyday on:
Phone: 01324 590875
For BSL users you can continue to access the service via the mobile number for txt or WhatsApp or can use Contact Scotland
The team will continue to offer a Duty and translation service via the duty worker mobile.
If you require access to an interpreter for Falkirk Council business, this can be down by downloaded via the INTERPRETERNOW app. You can find a short video explaining this here.
We apologise for any disruption this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
Strathcarron Hospice Compassionate Neighbour Volunteer Programme
Strathcarron Compassionate Neighbours are volunteers from Falkirk’s local communities who can help people to make connections in a number of different ways. In this time of social distancing and shielding it can feel difficult to feel connected but our Compassionate Neighbours are here to help.
The compassionate neighbours project is supported by Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership grant funding to provide practical and emotional support for people with life-limiting conditions and their carers.
Anyone can refer themselves to the programme or be introduced by a friend, family member or GP who thinks they might benefit. If you or someone you know would benefit from our service, please download the referral form and submit to email@example.com