Your voice matters – join Falkirk’s new health and social care forum
Do you want to represent your community and inform how health and social care is delivered in Falkirk?
People in the Falkirk area with experience of accessing health and social care support are being invited to join a new community forum.
The new forum, run by Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership, encourages individuals who access local services, people who receive support with everyday tasks, and their carers to use their voice to help improve the support available.
There are several planning groups making decisions on local adult health and social care services. We are looking for carers and people who use health and social care services to become representatives and join these groups.
The Partnership is particularly keen to hear from people, or carers supporting individuals, living with a disability or with additional support needs.
How to join
The Partnership has teamed up with Inclusion Scotland, Self-Directed Support Forth Valley, Carers Scotland and the local Carers Centre to deliver free training to anyone interested in joining the forum.
The training will equip you with everything you need to feel supported and share your ideas. Together we can design services that reflect your needs.
Our next (online) training sessions are scheduled for:
- Wednesday 27 April, 10.30am – 1pm
- Wednesday 4 May, 10.30am – 1pm
- Wednesday 11 May, 10.30am – 1pm
- People with lived experience of health and social care.
- People with an interest in health and social care.
- People who want to join a supportive community.
- People who are willing to share their ideas and experience to create positive change.
- People who are willing to take on an advocacy role and represent their wider community.
- People who want to make a difference to improve health and social care in their communities.
- The training will be easily digestible and tailored to the interests of people who sign up.
- The training will help you develop new and existing skills.
- You will have the ability to represent your own views, while also remaining objective and able to speak on other people’s behalf.
- You will improve your conversation and decision-making skills.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in follow-up discussions, helping to frame future training sessions.
- We hold you will feel motivated to carry on engagement and make a positive difference to the services and support you are interested in.
The training is your opportunity to learn how you can make a meaningful contribution to local services and support options, as well as meet other people just like you.
If you decide to become a representative, then ongoing support will be provided so you can get the most out of your experience. There will be regular opportunities to feed-in, you can choose to take part as much or as little as you like.
Interested? Get involved now.
Please complete the online registration form to attend our training sessions in April and May.
If you’d like to know more information or have any questions, get in touch with us on HSCPComms@falkirk.gov.uk
We hope to see you at the training.