Message from Patricia Cassidy, Chief Officer, Falkirk HSCP
Please see below an update on the work that we are doing to support people who use health and social care services in the Falkirk area, their carers, the public and staff.
Firstly I need to reassure you that there is a huge amount of work being done across the Council, NHS Forth Valley, the Third and voluntary sector, independent care providers and with communities to help us continue to support people who rely on our services.
- setting up a daily Mobilisation Centre to co-ordinate and manage health and social care services, and linking in with NHS Forth Valley Control Centre
- working with CVS Falkirk, who are leading in co-ordinating our community response and the many offers of assistance from people, community groups and organisations who have volunteered at this time. These offers have shown the level of compassion and caring that is in our area and have been inspiring.
- setting up a COVID-19 Community Action Fund to support community groups, voluntary organisations and small businesses to support people within communities who are affected by Covid-19
- working across Forth Valley multi-agency partners, such as the Scottish Ambulance Service, Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, to work together and plan our responses
- working with the Scottish Government and professional advisors.
We’re going to have to change the way that we work over the coming weeks as we respond to the COVID-19 situation. We will provide regular updates on what this means to you as this happens. We will either contact you directly if you receive services, or post information on the HSCP’s News page on our website.
This is an uncertain and worrying time for everyone. Please follow government advice that has been issued and the information on NHS Inform website. By doing so you will help to protect yourself, your family, the public and staff.