Workforce wellbeing fund for adult social work and social care
The Scottish Government has announced (31 January 2022) a new fund to improve staff wellbeing across the Adult Social Work and Social Care sectors.
The £1 million fund is for ideas that staff themselves have said will help to improve their wellbeing. Applications are welcome to support staff working in Adult Social Work and Social Care across the public, private and voluntary sectors.
The fund is being managed by Inspiring Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.
It opens for applications on 1 February 2022 and you can apply anytime from then until the Fund closes on 29 July 2022.
Applications will be considered throughout this period as they are submitted, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
Who can apply?
Organisations working in adult social work or social care services can apply for funding – they can be from the private, public or voluntary sector.
Organisations do not need to be a registered company, charity or any other type of organisation to apply, but must be able to independently verify that they deliver adult social work or social care services.
All staff that will benefit from this funding must work in adult social work or social care services and be registered with the SSSC. This is to protect the money for social work and social care staff.
An individual team or organisation can submit one application for up to £5000 and one application for up to £10,000. These have to be for different ideas and cannot be combined to fund a larger project.
What can you apply for?
- You can apply for activities or to purchase items that will help to improve the wellbeing of adult social work and social care staff, including social work students.
- We are keen to receive applications for innovative, imaginative or unusual projects from staff groups that struggle to access funding from other sources for their own wellbeing projects, activities or equipment.
- Applications should be based on feedback from staff on what will improve their wellbeing.
- You can apply for grants of up to either a maximum of £5,000 for immediate impact projects or a maximum of £10,000 for activities which will have a more sustainable impact on staff wellbeing.
All funding must be spent by 31 March 2023.
How to apply
If this is something you feel your organisation can benefit from, please consider one of the two following offers to apply for:
- Immediate Impact Funding – Up to £5,000: Applications for this grant must be intended to make an immediate impact to the wellbeing of staff and take no more than 6 months to deliver.
- Sustainable Impact Funding – Up to £10,000: Applications for this grant must be for activity that will build wellbeing capacity ,which may take longer than 6 months to deliver, and can either be sustained or is likely to have a sustainable impact on the social work/social care team beyond this time.
Applications open on 1 February 2022 and close at noon on 29 July 2022.
For further information, please visit the Fund page.