Celebrating Communities Online Jamboree
Join community practitioners from across Scotland for the second ABCD UK Celebrating Communities Jamboree.
This free online event is hosted by a circle of practitioners from Scotland and offers the chance to connect with folk from around the UK and the wider world to meet one another, be together and strengthen connections and work.
On the day:
Keynote sessions from Fiona McKenzie (CentreStage) and Tamsin Ferrier (Denny Poppies)
Breakout discussions and a chance to meet new people in the ABCD space
Four short sessions about citizen led initiative in Scotland and elsewhere
- Lynne Boslem, Tamfourhill Tenants & Residents Organisation / Tamfourhill Community Hub. CVS Falkirk Volunteer of the Year 2021
- Francis Carbrain, Cumbernauld Getting Alongside Communities Corra Foundation, People in Place, Community Member, My journey from being a neighbour…….
- Leah Davcheva, Dragalevtsi, Sofia, Bulgaria – starting from scratch in ‘The Triangle’ neighbourhood with Village In The City
- Sam Green, Creative Stirling- “There’s no community without you” Participatory Art event
Q&A Panel Session led by Cormac Russell (Nurture Development) and a panel of community practitioners from across Scotland:
- Hannah Gray (Compassionate Communities, Strathcarron Hospice)
- Louise Shaw (Community Coordinator, Corra Foundation)
- Dan Rous (Community Coach, Our Place Camelon and Tamfourhill)
- Susan High (Community Development Coordinator, Strathcarron Hospice)
- Mark McKergow (Founder, Village In The City)
Sign up now
Please come and join in on Tuesday 7 September 2021, 10am-12.30pm. This event is free to join, but please register in advance.